I hope you all enjoyed the last post on Android’s Writing Apps. Since then, I got an iPhone SE that I love with all my heart (no kidding) and I finally got my hands on the Scrivener iOS app. It’s a little gem at my fingertips! I should look up World Scribe, though… in case it’s on iOS, too.
Anyhow, I don’t remember telling you, but I am working on a comic book script. Oh, and by the way, I am now part of a newspaper! Huh huh! It’s quarterly and I have to format it, produce about 1 to 3 texts (both literary and informative), and proofread it. It’s charity work, too. However, it gives me a foot in the industry… which I hope to be part of as a writer later on (paid, of course).
So, I’ve decided things would change around here:
- There will be a lot of different writing advice. I don’t know if I ever told you, but I dabble into many fields. So expect writing advice pertaining to TV writing, comic book writing, novel writing, short story writing, poetry writing, and maybe even movie writing. I agree it’s a lot; however, there is no way for me to keep away from all these opportunities. Don’t worry, my main focus will still be novel writing, but let’s say I’ll publically add more diverse projects and posts to my blog.
- I rarely publish my thoughts about anything except for book reviews. This is going to change. Now, don’t get me wrong: I shan’t talk of the sunny afternoon on a writing blog, unless it has something to do with the actual process of writing. I feel it’s now time to express myself more on important topics.
- As you know, I love to learn languages. I speak French, English, Italian, and Spanish. I am also currently learning Greek, Polish, and Japanese. I realized that not talking about those on my blog actually bothered me. So, here’s what I intend to do to mix your interests and mine: I will post definitions and special uses of English words (some rare, some difficult, and some ordinary) in order to content myself and help us all in the art of mastering the English language (and improving our writing, too!).
- Don’t you find there are not enough updates on my own writing? Me too. I will now post an update once a week. I will get to finishing that novel of mine, fellow adventurers!
- I love a good conversation and I seldom get them on my blog. Thus, I decided to create threads about important writing points or issues, such as heroines/heroes, protagonists, villains, etc. We could communicate and share helpful tips and questions!
I hope these changes don’t scare you too much, but I feel they are necessary for me to still enjoy coming on here and give you the best I can.
See you next post (I have two book reviews coming up) and keep writing, glorious fellow adventurers!